Please take a moment to read through the following Care Guidelines to keep your furniture looking at its best for as long as possible.
We recommend that you vacuum your upholstery regularly and remove stains by means of a damp cloth (not over-wet) and soapy water or mild detergent if necessary, following closely the manufacturer’s instructions. For more stubborn stains please consult a professional cleaning company. All stains on Aquaclean fabrics can be fully cleaned using just water, with only a dab of soap needed on the toughest stains only.
All pile fabrics including chenilles are subject to a certain degree of shading or pile crush with frequent use. This is not a fabric fault, nor will it detract from the wearing properties of the material. The effect of pile crush can be minimised by regular brushing with a soft brush and occasional steaming where the pile is showing signs of wear.
In order to create the extra softness inherent in ‘chaise’-type seatwraps it is important to remember that the upholstery is somewhat looser than in conventional seating, particularly as it cannot be pulled tightly from side to side. This may result in a little ‘bagginess’ or ‘wrinkliness’ appearing in certain fabrics which can usually be smoothed out by hand after use. It is also worth noting that with this type of upholstery horizontal seams in seating and joins in back cushions may become misaligned in use. When this happens it is advisable to re-align the affected areas by hand after use.
Armcaps are available with most items to prevent excessive wear on the vulnerable arm sections. Please also remember that direct sunlight may fade certain colours. Avoid sharp objects, including pets’ claws, from damaging your upholstery.
Showwood areas should be wiped daily with a soft dry duster. To remove grease marks use a diluted solution of warm water and vinegar and buff with a soft duster. Do not use spray furniture polish.
- Vacuum and dust frequently with a soft cloth
- Do not allow body oils, perspiration or hair products to settle into the grain of the Leather as these will gradually break down the finish
- Clean regularly with a damp cloth (not over-wet) using circular motions until the dirty parts are clean, then dry immediately with a soft cloth
- If necessary, add a little soapy water to the above process providing NO DETERGENTS are used
- NEVER USE SADDLE SOAP, WAX OR SPRAY POLISH WHICH MAY CAUSE IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE
- For rare, awkward stains a wide range of proprietary Leather Care cleaners can be obtained, following closely the manufacturers’ instructions
- After cleaning a neutral Leather Cream may be used to restore the original sheen (proprietary products only, please)
- Too frequent or over-enthusiastic cleaning or application of Leather Cream may wear away the upper, darker coat of Antique Leather to reveal more of the lighter base coat
- Avoid sharp objects such as belts, buckles, studs and zips scratching the surface of the Leather
- Protect your Leather furniture from direct sunlight
- Avoid drying out the Leather by keeping it away from direct heat sources such as fires and radiators
Where seat or back cushions are reversible, they should be turned frequently to minimise creasing and even up the amount of wear. All fibre-filled back cushions should be ‘plumped up’ frequently to retain their best appearance. Do not sit on arms or the front edges of seat cushions.
Slight colour variations are inevitable from one dye batch to another so we are unable to guarantee an exact colour match to the fabric or Leather sample in the pattern book, nor to furniture previously ordered in the same material. All colours shown on this Website are as accurate as reprographic and digital processes allow. Hanafins policy is one of continuous development and accordingly we reserve the right to alter any specification/size without prior notice.